UGANDI HOTEL’S WINTER GARDEN
The tastefully-designed winter garden at the Uganda Hotel has a large screen and projector. This is a great place in which to organise a training session or seminar for up to thirty people, or a festive gathering, or some other important event.
- Comfortable for up to thirty people
- Table layouts available in the form of separate tables, one long table, or in a T-shape
- Large screen, projector, and sound system
- Free WiFi
A rich, enticing breakfast is served In the mornings in the hotel’s winter garden. This unique winter garden with its cosy atmosphere is also equipped with features which make it possible to conveniently organise any event or gathering for up to thirty people.
Ugandi Resto warmly welcomes you!
Ugandi Resto is an ideal venue for any company, making it possible to enjoy good food with lovely people. The restaurant is the perfect place for celebrations, work lunches or dinners, seminars or meetings, wakes, Christmas parties, or any other special occasion.
- The restaurant comfortably seats up to a hundred people on the ground floor and up to forty people on the second floor.
- The tables can be placed separately, or as one long table, or in the theatre style, or in the shape of an ‘L’ or ‘U’
- Large screen, projector, TVs, and a sound system
- Free WiFi
Gatherings can be organised on Ugandi Resto’s first or second floor. Both floors are equipped with modern audiovisual solutions. The first floor seats approximately a hundred people and the interior design pays homage to the region’s rich history, while also characterising modern Otepää. The second floor is dedicated to the Estonian flag. The cosy flag room with its national touches seats approximately forty people and is available for booking for private use by just one person if you wish. When the weather is warm we can set up your table or tables in the summer garden or on the terrace.
Ugandi Resto warmly welcomes you!
When taking part in sporting activities it can much more beneficial to work in a targeted manner rather than simply working hard but without a specific purpose. This is why two former top athletes, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, are happy to share their knowledge when it comes to more wisely taking part in sporting activities.
These former Olympic athletes, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, will present various highly interesting and research-based sports-based presentations.
- ‘Healthy lifestyles’: sleeping, eating, moving, covering the simple basic truths which require repeating every once in a while.
- ‘Amateur athlete practice’: covering the theory behind developing one’s physical capability, along with practical advice
- ‘Sports psychology in real life’: an introduction to sports psychology and its connections with ‘real’ life
- ‘The life of a top athlete’: what do the ‘trips abroad on tax-payers money’ actually look like?
Lectures are for groups of at least ten people. Participants must be at least fourteen years of age, and one lecture lasts approximately eighty-five minutes. Prices are from €450 + VAT. The lectures are given in Estonian and English.
A proper Estonian has been to the Song Festival at least once and has completed the Tartu Ski Marathon. We cannot sing ourselves, but we are certainly making everyone ski, irrespective of their age, previous experience, weight, or height. After this, taking part in the marathon will only be a matter of time.
The former top biathlon competitors, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, offer ski training sessions in the classic and skate styles on ski runs all across Estonia. Please note that ski training can ideally be combined with practising biathlon shooting.
The instructors are top specialists in their field, former Olympic athletes Priit Viks and Eveli Saue:
- We provide all the required equipment: skis, boots, and poles
- The course is both for beginners and seasoned skiers so that they can refine their technique
- Classic and skate styles
- Ski waxing training also available upon request
For groups of at least ten people and participants of at least six years of age. Training lasts for ninety minutes. Prices are from €250 + VAT. Training is available in Estonian and English.
‘Another miss! This cannot be that difficult!’. When you watch a biathlon on TV, the targets appear to be large and very easy to hit. Is this actually the case though? Now you can give it a shot yourself by using a real rifle and real cartridges on a real shooting range, and instructed by real athletes!
The instructors are top specialists in their field. Former Olympic athletes, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, provide biathlon lessons at the Tehvandi shooting range both in winter and summer. Alternatively, you can also try your hand at mobile laser biathlon even in your own living room if you like.
- The instructors provide all the required equipment: rifles, cartridges, targets, and shooting spots
- Safety instructions, and an introduction to the rifles and targets
- Shooting biathlon targets, both prone and standing
- Competition format also available upon request (in summer and winter)
The minimum size of a group is six people. Participants must be at least twelve years of age, and training lasts approximately ninety minutes. Prices are from €80 + VAT per shooter. Training is available in Estonian and English.
HIKES IN TEHVANDI
What does ‘K90’ mean? How big are the biathlon targets? What makes the Tehvandi ascent notorious? How do you approach a turn on roller skis? All of these and many other questions will be answered when you take a hike in the Estonian winter sports mecca which covers an entire, beautiful landscape. Anyone who loves winter sports simply must come here! Even if you are not a fan of winter sports though, the view from the top of the ski jump hill is an experience in itself.
The tour guides, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, are former Olympic athletes. For you they will organise an enjoyable hike around the Tehvandi sports centre with a visit to the ski jump hill.
- There are almost four kilometres of beauty and pain in this wonderful landscape, involving skiing and roller skiing trails, shooting ranges, and a ski jump hill, plus:
- Trekking poles are available from the organisers
- Visit the Tehvandi ski jump hill
- For the especially durable, there is an extra tour to Otepää’s hill fort
- Visits to the Winter Sports Museum available upon request
- Bouillon and pastries served at the end of the hike upon request
For groups of at least six people and participants of at least five years of age. The hike lasts a few hours. Prices from €250 + VAT. Hikes are available both with Estonian and English guidance.
What makes ten thousand men go into a dark forest in Finland? Or 25,000 people in Sweden go into the forest for six days? Or even six thousand people do the same in Estonia in the night in the middle of the week? The answer is orienteering! Fresh air, beautiful nature, a moderate level of physical exercise, and also a mental challenge, all of which make this an ideal pastime for young and old alike.
Eveli Saue, a high-level specialist in her field and a bronze medal winner at the Junior World Cup, is teaching the theory and practice of orienteering to beginners, which includes a lecture, navigating a full track in nature, and later analysing the routes.
- The trainer provides all the required equipment: maps, compasses, and the trail itself
- Introduction to orienteering in the form of a lecture (around one hour long, covering symbols, scale, etc)
- Completing the trail in ninety minutes, with the assistance of the instructor if necessary
- Analysing the routes, lasting approximately half an hour
The minimum size of a group is six people, and participants must be at least six years of age. Training lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Prices from €500 + VAT. Trainings is available both in Estonian and English
Quite a few of us as children have made bows out of any materials which were to hand so that we could play ‘Cowboys and Indians’ or Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest. Now it is finally time to pick up a real bow and, believe us, this is a remarkable weapon!
Two former top biathlon competitors, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, provide longbow training and a chance to complete a trail which contains various targets along the way, or try your hand at a cross-country bow hunt in a courtyard or a suitable mobile location on one’s home trails in Tehvandi.
- The instructors provide all required equipment: bows, arrows, protection, and targets
- Basic training for shooting at a target
- Shooting different targets on the shooting range or on the trail
- Shooting 3D targets
The minimum size of a group is six people, and participants must be at least seven years of age. Training lasts approximately ninety minutes. Prices from €40 + VAT per participant. Training is available both in Estonian and English.
New disc golf parks are popping up everywhere these days, but the old frisbee-throwing skills are of no use here, and even the famous discus thrower, Gerd Kanter, must learn a different technique to be able to succeed.
Two former top biathlon competitors, Priit Viks and Eveli Saue, are providing entertaining disc golf training sessions with an opportunity to complete the Tehvandi Disc Golf course.
- Discs for all participants from the instructors
- Basic training for beginners
- Tips and strategy advice for advanced players
For groups of at least ten people and participants of at least five years of age. Training lasts approximately two hours. Prices from €20 + VAT per participant. Training is available both in Estonian and English.